TALK LIVE WITH
THE WORLD’S BEST
The Direct Line to the World’s Best
From September 15th–21st, call the Direct Line and have a one-on-one conversation with our instructors.
DIRECT LINE SCHEDULE:
WHAT IS THE DIRECT LINE?
The Direct Line is the first-of-its-kind toll-free phone number connecting MasterClass members with the world’s best to have one-on-one conversations. Check out the schedule to learn when Bobbi Brown, Neil Gaiman, Misty Copeland, Jake Shimabukuro, Werner Herzog, Kelly Weartsler, Wayne Gretzky, Tom Morello and deadmau5 will be accepting calls. Until then, get your questions ready!
HOW CAN I PARTICIPATE?
Simply call the toll-free number during the time your favorite Instructor is scheduled to accept calls and enter your MasterClass member access code. Calls are taken on a first-come basis, so be ready. See the Direct Line schedule for start-times and details.
WHAT QUESTIONS CAN I ASK?
You’re free to ask the Instructors anything you want to know about their skill sets and careers. Before you’re connected to an Instructor, an operator will preview your question to ensure that it is on-topic and appropriate.
DO I HAVE TO BE A MASTERCLASS MEMBER TO PARTICIPATE?
While only MasterClass members will be given the opportunity to speak live and direct with the Instructors, non-members are encouraged to call in and leave a voicemail message with a question for the Instructors. Keep an eye on the MasterClass social channels where Instructors will be answering questions.
I’M A MEMBER, HOW DO I GET THROUGH TO THE INSTRUCTOR?
Simply call the toll-free number during the time your favorite Instructor is scheduled to accept calls and enter your MasterClass member access code. Calls will be taken on a first-come basis, and all callers who get through the queue will be screened through a moderator before speaking with Instructors. See the Direct Line schedule for more details.
HOW DO I FIND MY ACCESS CODE?
If you are a MasterClass member, log in to your account. On your home page, scroll down until you see a tile with today's instructor along with the Direct Line phone number - your access code is right there! You can also find it in your email from MasterClass titled "Give the world's best a call", sent on September 14th.
WHAT HAPPENS IF MY CALL GETS DROPPED?
If your call gets dropped, simply call the toll-free number again and you’ll get placed in the queue. Unfortunately, we can’t guarantee you’ll be placed in the same spot in the queue.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I LEAVE A MESSAGE?
Instructors will be answering questions on MasterClass social channels soon, keep an eye out!
WHERE CAN I FIND THE RULES?
Scroll down the page to find the full Terms and Conditions!
HOW WILL I KNOW WHERE I AM IN THE CALL QUEUE?
While we won’t be able to indicate your place in the queue, our moderators will let you know if it’s looking like you’re in a good position to speak to an instructor.
IS THERE A LIMIT TO HOW MANY TIMES I CAN CALL?
Participants are limited to connecting with one MasterClass instructor for the duration of the Direct Line between September 15th and September 21st. Feel free to call as many times as you’d like if you haven’t spoken to an Instructor yet.
CAN I USE THE DIRECT DIAL LINE FOR A SUPPORT ISSUE?
If you have general questions, please visit our Help Center where you can explore FAQ’s or submit a request to our Member Support Team.
MY SUBSCRIPTION JUST ENDED. CAN I STILL PARTICIPATE?
While only MasterClass members will be able to speak live and direct with the Instructors, non-members are encouraged to call in and leave a voicemail message with their question for the Instructors. Keep an eye on the MasterClass social channels where Instructors will be answering questions.
WILL THE DIRECT LINE TOLL-FREE PHONE NUMBER BE AVAILABLE IN CANADA?
The Promotion is open to MasterClass members who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia only.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
OPEN ONLY TO MASTERCLASS MEMBERS WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, WHO ARE EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF PARTICIPATION.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
The MasterClass Direct Line Promotion (“Promotion”) is sponsored by Yanka Industries, Inc. d/b/a MasterClass (“Sponsor”) 660 4th Street #443, San Francisco, CA 94107, and is administered by Prize Logic, LLC (“Administrator”) 25200 Telegraph Road, Suite 405, Southfield, MI USA 48033.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Promotion begins at 1:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 15, 2021 and ends at 5:00 PM ET on September 21, 2021 (“Promotion Period”). Sponsor reserves the right to modify or terminate this Promotion at any time.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open to MasterClass members who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least 18 years old at the time of participation. Employees, directors, officers, and agents of Sponsor, Administrator, and each of their respective parent companies, divisions, dealers, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies and suppliers involved in the Promotion (“Promotion Entities”), as well as the members of each of their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and in-laws) and persons residing in the same household as such individuals are not eligible to participate. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Participation in the Promotion constitutes participant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Terms and Conditions.
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROMOTION: During the Promotion Period, MasterClass Members will receive an invitation e-mail from MasterClass inviting participant to participate (“Invitation E-Mail”). To participate, participant must call 1-833-MC-Direct, select “member” when prompted, and submit the unique PIN provided in his/her Invitation Email. If participant cannot find his/her PIN, participant may follow the prompts for assistance. Upon entering a unique PIN, participant must agree to these Terms and Conditions. Participant will then be placed in a queue to speak with a moderator, and upon verification of participant and completion of the moderator’s screening, participant may be patched through to a MasterClass instructor. If a participant is on hold for seven (7) minutes, he/she will be directed to leave a voicemail. MasterClass instructor phone calls will be no longer than five (5) minutes. Phone calls may not be recorded by participant. MasterClass instructors are determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion and will be based on availability and timing of participant’s call. Calls with MasterClass instructors are on a first come, first served basis and are subject to the moderator’s full discretion. Participant cannot select the MasterClass instructor. There is no guarantee each participant will be able to speak with a MasterClass instructor; odds of speaking to an instructor are based on the number of callers. There is a limit of one (1) MasterClass instructor phone call per participant.
Non-members may also call-in to participate in the Promotion. If any participant is not a MasterClass member, does not pass the moderator’s screening, or prefers to not speak to a MasterClass instructor, participant may leave a voicemail when prompted. Voicemails should include participant’s first name, phone number, and a question that participant would like answered. Voicemails may not be longer than :60 seconds. There is no guarantee that each voicemail will be answered; odds of receiving a response is based on the number of voicemails submitted.
4. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Promotion, participants agree that the Promotion Entities, and each of its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers and each their respective officers, directors, stockholders, employees, representatives, designees and agents (“Released Parties”) are not responsible for: (i) lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, undeliverable unique code, Promotion related notification; (ii) any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability; (iii) garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/Website/UseNet accessibility, availability or traffic congestion; (iv) any technical, mechanical, printing or typographical or other error; (v) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information; (vi) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access; (vii) any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to participants or to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the Promotion; and (viii) requests that are late, forged, lost, misplaced, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled or otherwise not in compliance with the Terms and Conditions.
By participating in the Promotion, each participant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Terms and Conditions; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Terms and Conditions; (iii) to waive all of his/her rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against any of the Released Parties in connection with the Promotion; and (iv) to forever and irrevocably agree to release and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) the Promotion, including, but not limited to, any Promotion -related activity or element thereof, and the participant’s requests, participation or inability to participate in the Promotion; (b) the violation of any third-party privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights; (c) acceptance, receipt, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, non-use, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the Promotion (or any component thereof); (d) any change in the Promotion (or any components thereof); (e) human error; (f) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Released Parties; or (g) the negligence or willful misconduct by a participant.
If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, or the integrity and or feasibility of the Promotion is severely undermined by any event beyond the control of Sponsor, including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, infection by computer virus, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or other cause not reasonably within the control of Sponsor (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to abbreviate, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and/or proceed with the Promotion in a manner it deems fair and reasonable. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will honor requests received up to the time of such cancellation, while supplies last.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS PROMOTION IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
5. DISPUTES: THIS PROMOTION IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN THE OAKLAND COUNTY, MICHIGAN. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY THE JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“JAMS RULES”). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN MICHIGAN. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN OAKLAND COUNTY, MICHIGAN. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ANY PARTICIPANT AND/OR PROGRAM ENTITIES AND/OR ANY OTHER PARTY SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. ANY DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR FROM THE END OF THE PROGRAM PERIOD, OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE FOREVER BARRED.
7. GENERAL: This Promotion is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Receiving a call with a MasterClass instructor is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Promotion valid for individual consumers only; requests from groups, clubs or organizations and fraudulent requests will not be honored. MasterClass instructor phone calls have no cash value. Any attempted form of participation in this Promotion other than as described herein is void and will result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual found, in its sole and absolute opinion, to be tampering with the operation of the Promotion, to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions or to be acting with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of the Promotion. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third-party or like methods to participate in the Promotion will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. CAUTION AND WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE PROMOTION OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Each participant may be required to show proof of eligibility and compliance with these Terms and Conditions. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions or any word, phrase, clause, sentence or other portion thereof should be held unenforceable or invalid for any reason, then that provision or portion thereof shall be modified or deleted in such manner as to render the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions valid and enforceable.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms and Conditions will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision and such provision shall remain in full force and effect. All materials submitted will not be returned. In the event of any conflict with any Promotion details contained in these Terms and Conditions and the Promotion details contained in any promotional materials (including, but not limited to, point of sale, television and print advertising, promotional packaging and other promotional media), the details of the Promotion as set forth in these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.